Helambu trek is short and easy trek have Nepal and easily access from Kathmandu. Helambu trekking offer many Monastery visit, Rhododendron forest (flower; March/April), superb mountain views, picturesque Sherpa settlements, friendly people and after all unspoiled culture of the area. This trek is more like cultural trek than mountain and glacier expeditions. People here call themselves Sherpas but their relationship with the Sherpa of Solu Khumbu is distant. The dialects spoken are also different. People here follow the Buddhist religion so you will find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages. Tarkegyang is another Sherpa town along the way, which bears its own story.
Helambu trek starts from Kathmandu after driving by bus/car to Sundarijal, which is just 13km from Kathmandu. We then continue ascend to Chisopani where we spend first night just outside valley. Chisopani offer great view of mountain and landscape. Then we make almost a circle going through Khtumsang, Tharapati, Tarkeghyang, sarmathang and finally to Melamchi pul where we take bus to Kathmandu.
If you are thinking of trying to trek along a route which has all the features found in most of the trekking routes of Nepal but want to encounter less visitors along the way then our Helambu Trek package may well be just what you need. Along with this Langtang valley Trekking and Godaikunda lake Trekking are other option among the guest in this trekking route.
- It is one of the easiest and shortest treks in Nepal.
- Tourist with a Short time Period can try this trail.
- This is popular for Buddhist monasteries and sweet apples.
- Local Sherpa towns and their traditional social practices, especially of Hyolmo people.
- Best views on snow-crowned mountains then flora and fauna.
- Buddhist religious communities, Stupas, and Maniwal.
- The rich cultural heritage and hospitality of the Sherpa people.